I'm considered really lucky compared to interns and full timers where I have the privilege to have a room to myself, enjoy hotel facilities, 1 buffet/day at the western restaurant and a much higher pay than the rest.
Since Mid Autumn is a really big thing here, people don't drink tea with mooncakes. It's ALCOHOL (高粱酒)with mooncakes! Chinese usually go back home, and bring gifts such as alcohol,mooncakes and olive oil back home. Weird.. I know! What's even cooler is that staff get angpow from the company too! Hehehhe, means I get extra pay too :D As China's water is not safe for consumption, I've been buying lots of mineral water which taxi drivers keep asking me about alcohol and how much it costs. -.-
Making use of the break, Derek made a trip to Tai'an to visit me and do all the touristy stuff. For my loving friends who know that I really dislike exercising, I did exercise! Woohooo! Climbing Mt. Tai was arduous and a beautiful torture. To climb to the peak, it's 10.7km! And to climb down it's times 2! I spent 12 hours climbing it. Don't talk about the after effects.
Winter is approaching, and I'm already freezing! Brrrrrr
In December, it'll be minus 10 degrees or colder. Hopefully I won't turn into a iceberg.
(Sorry, no photos yet!)
No comments:
Post a Comment